otakumom

Origin in Death
J.D. Robb
Making Sense of Japanese: What the Textbooks Don't Tell You
Jay Rubin
Crystal Cove - Lisa Kleypas Initially, I was worried about reading this last installment in the Friday Harbor series as paranormal elements were being gradually introduced and the shift moved from the Nolan brothers to the cousins of Artist Point.

While this is a huge departure from the series, it was still an enjoyable book. The heroine in this novel has several issues. Besides an inability to stay in a long term relationship, she also must deal with her heritage of witchcraft that she had long denied. Of course there are complications.

The paranormal elements are convenient. They are revealed as necessary and at the story's convenience. Nothing wrong but nothing deep. Also this book is a little more racier than any of the Kleypas books I've read. Not too much but not quite expected either.

I still liked the book even if it was a huge departure. I was on the edge of my seat to see how it would end. It was a bit disappointing how abruptly it did end since this is suppose to be the last novel in the series.