otakumom

Origin in Death
J.D. Robb
Making Sense of Japanese: What the Textbooks Don't Tell You
Jay Rubin
Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 1 - Kiiro Yumi, Hiro Arikawa, Kinami Watabe I finally read the first volume. This is like Fahrenheit 451 with more political wrangling and the bookies with more power. This story definitely appealed to the rabid bibliophile in me. Iku is endearing. She's your typical shoujou heroine who works super hard and with a lot of heart and zeal. Dojo is your typical restrained male character who is overly tough on Iku partly due to his belief in her as well as his attraction to her. The characters are great. The supporting cast play essential roles to help with the character and plot development.

Ok, the one thing that keeps bugging me and I'm slowly letting it go. The Federal government created the MBC. How can the libraries create their own armies without it becoming a war zone. It clearly is not. Employees go in and out of the libraries. People still enter them. I just don't quite understand the whole logistic of the world. Aside from that, the political issues and intrigue are engrossing as well as Iku's journey and whether or not she realizes that her mysterious idol from her past is someone from her present.