otakumom

Origin in Death
J.D. Robb
Making Sense of Japanese: What the Textbooks Don't Tell You
Jay Rubin
Sins of a Wicked Duke - Sophie Jordan I liked the concept of the story and very much liked Fallon. She survived rather harsh conditions and maintained her spirit and resourcefulness as well as common decency. In fact, in contrast to her, Dominic just seemed like a weak willed brat even though he had his own personal demons. Things get even stickier when his whoring and drinking buddy, Lord Hunt happens to be the son of the man who put her in the Penwich School after her father died. This part was pretty engrossing. I really wanted to know Fallon's real back story and Hunt's involvement. But once all was revealed, it seemed kind of hollow and too neat. In fact, aside from the HEA factor, it really didn't make much sense.

It seemed weird that Lord Hunt would all of a sudden be serious and do the right thing or even remember Fallon. He spends most of his time as an idle rake and full-time reprobate. It makes it hard to believe he would honor his father's provision or even recall it at all. I don't know. I guess it worked for other people but it didn't work for me. It was okay. Not horrible. Just okay.