otakumom

Origin in Death
J.D. Robb
Making Sense of Japanese: What the Textbooks Don't Tell You
Jay Rubin
Dream Eyes - Jayne Ann Krentz After feeling a little letdown by [b:The Lost Night|13483502|The Lost Night (Rainshadow, #2, Harmony, #9)|Jayne Castle|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1337370384s/13483502.jpg|19017916], I wasn't sure if I wanted to pick this one up. However Dream Eyes did not disappoint.

This story involves Judson and Gwen who are embroiled in a murder investigation of paranormal circumstances. We don't get the usual character development that we get with Krentz's other novels but the action, suspense and intrigue is there. There is more secondary character development with Elias and particularly Nick Sawyer. In fact, Nick got the greater share of the development and I would like to see a novel featuring him.

Beyond that, there is a lack of chemistry between the hero and heroine. It gets superficial treatment. As mentioned before, the secondary characters had significantly more development. While the lack of significant character development may be a drawback, there is significant plot development for the larger story arc beyond this particular novel. This novel is more of a setup for more things to come and is evident when you see further tie ins at the end of the novel.

I wasn't a huge fan of the Dark Legacy series but I'm definitely more interested now and can't wait to see how things develop in the next novel.